December 18, 2008

Looking over the precipice

I've read it somewhere, or perhaps heard it from someone, I'm not sure...but it doesn't matter, what matters is that I understand it now..."Human beings change when there is no other choice, when their survival depends on it".

As a human being I know that most of us have a hard time accepting change, we get used to our ways and when it's time to evolve, we resist it. Some of us may survive for a brief period of time without evolving, but eventually, if we don't change, we die.
Resistance to change is useless, pointless and just a waste of energy. If we understand this fact and accept change in our lives, accept that nothing stays still and everything is moving beyond our control, we are free...really free.

I didn't want to accept change, I was afraid. It wasn't until the earth shook under my feet, until I was at the very edge, so near the precipice that I knew I had to change my direction or risk falling... that's when I surrendered to change. That's what had to happen for me to understand and finally accept that there is more out there if I just let go of my old beliefs, old ways and listen to my heart, I mean really listen to it.

And... to you I say this: I willingly give you my love and hope it will help heal your wounds, I pray for it every day. We are even, two broken hearts that once upon a time beat as one. Be strong, be true, and remember: Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

No comments: