September 22, 2009

The Stranger

I feel like I have been living in another person's body for the last 33 years of my life. My mind has a life of its own, it works with me, but most of the time, it seems like it just wants me to dig a hole and get in it, a hole deep enough to keep me trapped in.

I just realized that parts of myself have been unknown to me until recently.

I am not what I always thought I was. I'm not defined by beliefs, thoughts, experiences, clothes, tastes, preferences or anything else. I am. Yeah... just AM.
I am and always have been part of something greater than my mind can ever understand.

My mind judges, thinks, decides and calculates. But none of that is really me. My essence is free from prejudice, from thought, from conditions.

My body is a vessel in which my essence resides, temporarily. I must take good care of it, but I must never be defined by it. Nothing can define what I am, it's impossible to do so with words. Life is undefinable.

No comments: