October 13, 2003

Freaks Galore

Is it just me or is San Diego and the surounding areas full of freaks, bums and crazy people? Have you ever noticed the people wlaking the streets in Downtown, for example? Everytime I go to San Diego I encounter people with serious mental illnesses, know what I'm talking about?

For instance, the other day I was in Chula Vista Shopping Center, and after a while I started getting hungry, so the friend that was with me suggested eating at the Carl's Junior that's just in front of the mall. I thought, why not?.
Once there, each of us got someting to eat and sat down near the exit. Inmediately afterwards, two freaks sat close to us. One of them asked for water and was talikng to himself (he was at one of the tables to our right sides) and the other one sat behind us, and spent the whole time imitating us. Neither of them baught anything to eat.
We finished eating and headed for the bathroom before we left, and when we came out of the bathroom one of the freaks was headed our way and when he saw us he went into the mens bathroom. We walked to our car as fast as we could and left.
This is just one incident, but it happens all the time, everywhere. It's happened at Horton Plaza, in the downtown area, in Fashion Valley, at the movies (you know, the dude that masturbates and sits close to you, this has happened two times already), EVERYWHERE.
People who talk to themselves, people who scream for no apparent reason, people who haven't showered in ages, drunks, junkies, etc. I haven't been able to eat peacefully at any fast food establishment in a couple of years without being bothered by a freak, junkie or crazy person.
I can't feel compassion towards these people because many of them are dangerous, you never know when they might turn violent on you.

If I'm wrong about this, then I'm the one with the problem, I'm probably a bum/freak magnet. Oh well, just had to get that of my chest. Buh-bye.

No comments: